One of the system calibration and tuning features that helps our engineering support team better serve customers is the recording and modeling feature. The 300 series Alarm Processing Units (APUs) are equipped with internal storage that allows the user to record and send spectral waveforms to our technical support team for analysis and adjustment. After receiving the data file, the support team makes accurate parameter recommendations with help from the innovative software function called the APU Modeler. This service is offered on an immediate basis and without charge, and it is indicative of our typical level of technical support responsiveness.
The APU modeler mode is supplied with each of our configuration software applications, which are called FD322 Tuning Software, SpectraView, and 500 Series Software Suite. Although the modeler mode is available and functional for all users, it is primarily employed by the support team for the purpose of remotely solving nuisance alarm issues. KEY POINT: With the use of the APU Modeler, the FSI Alarm Processor Units are tuned and calibrated to match the specific environment that they are protecting.
The APU Modeler mode allows the user to view an alarm causing event, make changes to the parameters that were previously uploaded to the APU, and view the impact on the saved waveform after making changes to the parameter set. The data analyst can then save the updated parameter set and return it to the end user to be deployed onto the APU in the field. The basic process for calculating the correct parameter set using the APU Modeler mode is as follows:
1. Extract or record nuisance alarm spectral recordings.
2. Extract or record valid intrusion attempts or simulations.
3. Open the nuisance recording, isolate the alarm causing processor(s), and make the proper changes.
4. Open the valid intrusion recordings and ensure that the changes have not prevented legitimate alarms.
5. Save the updated parameter set and return the results to the end user.
6. Load the parameters into the APU and verify success with performance testing.
Download Tech Tip: