Your Global Partner for Integrated Security Solutions
02 August 2012
Fiber SenSys Designs New Solution for Physical Data Security and PDS
SL508 Alarm Processor Unit Designed in Response to Government Marketplace Requirements
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hillsboro, OR, August 2nd, 2012 - In response to government marketplace requirements for enhanced physical data security systems, and as a part of an overall integrated security solutions offering, Fiber SenSys, Inc. (FSI) announced the engineering release of a new generation of physical network security protection units. Final product release information is expected to be announced in September 2012. The new SL508™ Alarm Processor Unit (APU) is a 1U device that is compatible with data center racks and cabinets and is equipped with modern communications capabilities.
The SL508™ APU is the core component used to alarm the network conduit or the raceway and is positioned as the new foundation of the SecurLAN® network protection model. SecurLAN enables a network carrier system to meet the DOD requirements for Protected Distribution Systems (PDS), a government requirement for physical protection of classified network data. SecurLAN has been approved and certified for the protection of the PDS, and is compatible with many varieties of network architectures, including secure passive optical networks (S-PON).
"Enhanced physical network protection for OSI model layer one considerations represents a new generation of products designed with cost savings and efficiency in mind", said Ed Tapanes, FSI CEO. "The security marketplace has moved to a data-centric architecture, and integration into the data center is an important product development feature", Tapanes added.
FSI announced that the SL508 solution includes:
• Up to 8 fully independent protection zones
• Single strand sensing cable design – no loopback required
• Insensitive fiber options allowing for centralized electronics and remote zone design
• Sensing fiber consisting of multimode fiber; existing multimode fiber ("dark fiber") compatible within specifications and distances
• Full integration with head end / annunciation systems for a total system solution when combined with other security elements such as access control systems and other third-party devices
• Custom tuning software for the elimination of nuisance alarms and false positives.
Please call FSI Marketing for additional information - 503-692-4430